Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pie Pops



Pie Pop Recipe

Pie Crust:
2 cups flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp cold butter, cut into pieces
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar (could be reduced to 1/4 cup)

1. Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
2. Cut in the butter, and pinch with the fingers to make fine crumbs.
3. Make a well in the middle. Stir together egg and sugar, and pour into the well.
4. Swiftly mix in with the fingertips until the mixture forms a dough. Do not overmix.
5. Divide into 2 disks, wrap in plastic, and chill in fridge for at least an hour.

Filling:
Any jam, jelly, or preserve of your choice. I used raspberry.

Other:
Lollipop sticks
Egg white

Preheat oven to 425F and line baking sheet with parchment paper
1. Roll out pie crust until 1/8th of an inch or so thick
2. Use 1.5 to 2in cookie cutter to cut out shapes (I used s 1.5in flower shape)
3. Place cut-out dough on cookie sheet, and press in lollipop stick.
4. Spoon 2 tsps of jam in to centre and place another cut-out on top
5. Press together edges with fork or another lollipop stick.
6. Coat with egg white.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. I made these today, minus the sticks, they told me at the grocery store that I would have to go to a craft store to find them. Mine were not this cute, but I hope they tasted ok because I gave them away. I saved one for Steve so hopefully he likes it.

    ReplyDelete